The Board of Trustees
meet monthly on the last Sunday of the month following the Sunday Service at 12 noon. All UUCLV members are welcome to attend any Board Meeting as an observer. If you have something for the Agenda, please forward your request to any Board Member. Please contact Joann Culver for more information at email@example.com
Covenant of Healthy Relations
A covenant is an understanding and agreement of expectations as we enter into relationships with members and friends of the Congregation, the Minister, the Board of Trustees, and Staff.
We, as individuals, care deeply about our community and wish to support it by committing to this Covenant of Healthy Relations.
1. We practice hospitality, welcoming all those who enter.
2. We are building a multicultural, multi-generational community that promotes and strives toward justice, and works to end marginalization of any people.
3. We listen with respect and attention, and we communicate with care.
4. We are a church community who serves our church community with generosity and good humor, and we support one another in times of joy and need.
5. To encourage healthy interactions, we reach out, with openness and kindness, to maintain relationship/covenant.
6. We acknowledge our own shortcomings and hold ourselves accountable for our mistakes, recognizing them as opportunities for growth and self-awareness.
If you have a suggestion for the leadership at UUCLV, please feel free to click on this link to send an email. Include your name and contact information in case we have follow up questions regarding your suggestions. Thank you.
UUCLV practices congregational polity, a form of governance for communities of faith. Each congregation of the Unitarian Universalist Association self-governs and is a separate religious community joined together in a formal association or relationship through our covenant to affirm and promote the seven principles of Unitarian Universalism.
Congregational polity gives the members of the congregation the right to govern and support the congregation, independent of a hierarchical structure. With this opportunity comes deep responsibility and accountability to this chosen religious community.
To this end the members of the congregation elect members to facilitate the various aspects of congregational life. Each year the congregation holds two Town Hall Meetings and the Annual Meeting if the Congregation. Check the calendar, to see when you can participate in the community's democratic process. Otherwise, you can submit a request through the Suggestion Box at the bottom of this page to be contacted by a Board Trustee or the Staff.
Board Meeting Minutes
Minutes are published on the website in the members portal. You can also find a printout of the Minutes posted on a bulletin board in the lobby of the church.
Remember UUCLV Members or Interested Parties are welcome to attend any Board Meeting as an observer.
If you have something for the Agenda, please forward your request to any Board Member.
Staff Members may be invited by the Minister to attend Board Meetings at specific times when their program goals or duties are part of the agenda.