I have carried this ideal within me for long years. I don’t think we are perfect or done yet just as we are. Yet I do believe we may always work towards becoming our best selves.
Again, I wonder about this call to transformation: does it imply there is something broken or wrong about us that needs to be fixed? Do we have to subscribe to a lifetime of reimagining ourselves or even change?
Join us at UUCLV as we open the dialogue on this subject and hopefully discern where we stand on the topic.
Order of Service for Sunday, March 12, 2023
Transformation from the Inside Out:
Men, it is time now to change
with The Reverend Gordon Clay Bailey & Keri Pool
Prelude: Spirit of Life instrumental Performed by Lexi Henny
Welcoming Words with Keri Pool
Ringing of the Worship Bell
Chalice Lighting with Keri Pool
- Congregational Response:
- "We light the chalice as a reminder that together we are a beacon in the desert. May its light lead the way to love, acceptance and justice as we strive for personal and societal transformation."
- #655 SLT, unison - Change Alone is Unchanging by Heraklietos of Ephesos
Opening Song/Hymn - Ch-ch-changes by David Bowie (Lyrics will be on the screen)
UUCLV Reflection – Sources with The Reverend Gordon Clay Bailey & Keri Pool
Wisdom to Grow With - The Natural World, Joy, and Human Becoming by The On Being Project
Of Our Hearts with Keri Pool
Pastoral Reflection with The Reverend Gordon Clay Bailey #480 SLT
Pastoral Hymn: # 318SLT, We would Be One performed by Linli Wang of Starr King Unitarian Universalist Church (Lyrics will be on the screen)
Why I Love UUCLV with Mack Harris
- Offering and Invitations with Keri PoolThe Offering this month is shared with the Minister’s Discretionary Fund (link).
- Congregational Response
- "With gratitude for the abundance in our own lives, we give for the life of this congregation and the benefit of the larger community."
- In Between by Kate R. Walker
Closing Song/Hymn - Talkin’ ‘Bout A Revolution by Tracy Chapman (Lyrics will be on the screen)
What you can do for UUCLV with Megan Walls
Call to Action with Keri Pool
Benediction with The Reverend Gordon Clay Bailey
- #693 SLT By V. Emil Gudmundson
- Congregational Response:
- We release that which was called with love and gratitude, and we extinguish the flame, but not our commitment to being a beacon in the desert. This burns brightly until we gather again.
- Next week's service is People of Change with Rev. Gordon .
Media for 03/12/2023
Prelude: Spirit of Life instrumental Performed by Lexi Henny https://youtu.be/f8KdC_V-1Sk
Opening Song/Hymn - Ch-ch-changes by David Bowie
Wisdom to grow with - The Natural World, Joy, and Human Becoming https://youtu.be/Ml4Qoqwapbo
Pastoral Hymn: # 318 SLT, We Would Be One performed by Linli Wang of Starr King Unitarian Universalist Church https://youtu.be/hnOd6aEvMLA
Closing Song/Hymn - Talkin’ ‘Bout A Revolution by Tracy Chapman https://youtu.be/OVKLmpALMFc
Postlude: Blue Boat Home performed by Eric Lane Barnes of East Shore Unitarian Church
| || || |