Members bring to the service a small amount of water from a place that is special to them. During the appointed time in the service, people one by one pour their water together into a large bowl. As the water is added, the person who brought it tells why this water is special to them. The combined water is symbolic of our shared faith coming from many different sources. It is often then blessed by the congregation, and sometimes is later boiled and used as the congregation's "holy water" in child dedication ceremonies and similar events.
3616 East Lake Mead Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV 89115
If you are unable to join us live because of concerns for your health or other reasons, please join us online at Zoom.
You can join us at Zoom here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84823621393
The password is chalice.
The Zoom room opens at 10:25 AM. Worship begins at 10:30 AM
Click here to submit your announcements.
50/50 Donation Sharing
UUCLV Pastoral Care Committee
The offering this month is to our own Pastoral Care Committee. Trained Pastoral Care Associates help other members & friends with their personal affairs like: home-cooked meals delivered, occasional rides to and from church or other locations, phone call check-ups, and more. If you're interested in becoming a Pastoral Care Associate or if you need help, please reach out to Vernon B., Mary B., or Joanne L. at UUCLVCares@gmail.com
#UUCLV #UU #UnitarianUniversalist #UnitarianUniversalism #UUCLVEvent #SundayService #Community #Zoom #WaterCommunion #HolyWater
Order of Service
With the UUCLV Worship Committee 2023-09-10
Welcome - Margaret Johnston
Greeting Time and Bell Ringing
Land Acknowledgment - Mark Bergtholdt
Chalice Lighting - Mark Bergtholdt, Alanna, and Melody
- "We light the chalice as a reminder that together we are a beacon in the desert. May its light lead the way to love, acceptance and justice as we strive for personal and societal transformation."
- The Waves We Give, by Beautiful Chorus, by Carolyn McDade and Lucile Longview
Gift Box - Donna Mead
Prologue Reflecting on the Water - Margaret Johnston
Interlude: Maggie Mooha
Water Communion, Part 1 - Mark Bergtholdt
- The Negro Speaks of Rivers by Langston Hughes
- The Waters That Carry Us
Offering - Donna Mead
- “With gratitude for the abundance in our own lives, we give for the life of this congregation and the benefit of the larger community.”
- The Water of Storms
Water Communion, Part 4 - Donna Mead
- The Waters that Sustain Us
Call to Action - Margaret Johnston
Chalice Extinguishing - Melody and Alanna
- “We release that which was called with love and gratitude, and we extinguish the flame, but not our commitment to being a beacon in the desert. This burns brightly until we gather again.”
Benediction - Mark Bergtholdt
- All Rivers Run to the Sea by Kayle Rice